Thursday 16 July 2009

You're hung over and I'm broke.

I've got a file in My Documents called "works in progress"

They're just little things I've started writing and never really made anything of. I save them in a vain hope that one day I'll suddenly be inspired and finish them off and give them life. About a month ago just such an occasion occurred and I think I wrote possibly one of the most personal and emotional and genuinly good things I've ever written. There's no point trying to explain it, if you read it you wouldn't understand half the meaning in it. Unless you're the person it's about. Even that person didn't pick up on half of it.

I think I'm going to dig up that Word file and read through the stray lines and phrases I've got stored. See if I can create something worth being proud of.

I'm in a mood to write. I'm feeling fearless, and loved, and secure, and happy and untouchable. And most of all, I'm a great believer in sticks and stones.

Words can never hurt me.
Because I know the science of words. And the ways people structure their words to hurt, degrade, weaken, anger and ultimately break.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...

And I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment