Wednesday 22 July 2009

This is new.

I wrote this the other night. I didn't know if I was going to put it on here, but I've decided I quite like it. So here it is.


I've a qualification in self-deprivation
And I know how to stay unseen
Because invisible's a privilege
and honesty's a crime
when you're trying to survive seventeen

And that's what you get for being easily impressed
A life full of wishing and a heart full of regret
And that's what you get for being easily misled
Hold your own, and walk alone, or you're gunna end up dead.

Growing up in a world of Kings and Queens
Of drama, lust and jealousy.
Sometimes you see, it aint easy being me.
I'm the Queen of Hearts, and I'm new on this scene

And that's what you get for being easily upset
A life full of plasters and a heart full of regret
And that's what you get for falling in to bed
Hold your own, walk alone or you're gunna end up dead.

I've got a qualification in self-deprecation
But you know that I've plenty of style.
Because confidence is a gift,
and wall flowers die
You can't say that I'm not versatile...

Growing up in a world of Kings and Queens,
Of drama, lust and jealousy.
Sometimes you see, it's just so easy being me.
I'm the Queen of Hearts and I rule this scene.

And that's what you get when you achieve success,
A life full of lovers and lungs full of cigarettes.
And that's what you get for winning in the end
Hold your own, and walk alone or you're gunna end up dead.

2 comments:

  1. this is easily my favourite thing you've ever written. i really like it :) xo

    ReplyDelete