Friday 1 May 2009

Come on and use me

You know how sometimes you just have "one of those days" as your mum/nan always used to call them? Well I had one of those days today.

One of those days where you can't even be bothered to move, eat, even attempt to do anything interesting.

One of those catch 22 days when all you want is some company... yet anyone's presence just drives you nuts?

One of those days where all you want to do is get out of the clausterophobic space that once was your bedroom and escape to the intoxicating sounds and lights of the outside world? ... yet that involves having to make an effort and get changed out of your pyjamas.

I had one of those days today.

I did attempt to get up, move around, read a book. But it didn't work. I got bored of being bored. I took a 20 minute ridiculously hot shower to try and snap myself out of feeling so terrible... but it didn't work. I attempted to go on msn, but no one was about apart from Lozi who ended up snapping at me for no apparent reason. As you can probably guess, I didn't stay online for long.

I then proceeded to turn the radio on and lay in a dozing stupor on my bed, drifting in and out of conciousness whilst half listening to generic friday evening dance music and half my own daydreams.

I was then summoned for dinner which consisted of lamb chops that refused to cook. I am not a fan of rare meat so this experience did not exactly do anything to cheer me up.

And here I am. Sat alone, listening to depressing music and sipping on a luke-warm beer. The first of many I imagine.

I know I'm a hypocrit. Drinking alone.
But just for today, I want to feel like someone I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment